Tuesday, February 23, 2010

By Law!

“By Law!”

Lent 2010 – Day 6; Tuesday, February 23.

Deshi Ramadhani, SJ


I was boarding a flight in Singapore when I noticed a sign which looked scary. Well, it was just a “no smoking” sign, but right below it were two monosyllabic words: “BY LAW.” Somehow I felt threatened. Behind those two words there was a tremendous power. And sure enough, breaking that law was the last thing I wanted to come close to.

Lent is a time to get in touch again with a tremendous power. It doesn’t depend on the quantity of words I say in my prayer, since less means more. When I hold my tongue, I make a decision to go deeper in my heart. Once I touched again that power in the innermost recess of my heart, it will flow into my entire being.

It’s time to touch again my desire to be a better person, and to say with a renewed conviction, “Yes, I really want it.”

No comments: