Thursday, February 18, 2010

Deadly Diet

“Deadly Diet”

Lent 2010 – Day 2; Thursday, February 18.

Deshi Ramadhani, SJ


Just look around. You will see some who are struggling with high cholesterol level. Look how they eat. Are your shocked? Listen to what they say: “It’s OK. Just a little bite… and if things get worse, I’ve got my pills.” Don’t forget to notice the victorious smile on their faces. And guess what? The next morning you will hear them complain: “I’ve a terrible headache.” Duh…?

Choosing is part of life. Yet, making the right choice is not always in the picture. Sometimes we even play with life or death choice. If this is what happens with choosing between holiness and sinfulness, I feel so embarrassed. When I choose sin, I choose death. The more I respect my life, the more I want to choose holiness. My repeated fallings and negligence may simply be signs of my lack of respect toward life.

Want to know the worst part of the story? It’s when you say a split second before committing a sin: “It’s OK. Just a little bite…”

No comments: