Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gentleman on the Stairs

“Gentleman on the Stairs”

Lent 2010 – Day 4a; Sunday, February 21.

Deshi Ramadhani, SJ


If you go with a woman, and needs to take the stairs, be a gentleman. If you go up, you let her go first, and you stay right behind her. But if you go down, you should go first and stay right in front of her. Why? Should she trips and falls, you’ll be right there to catch her. You also make her feel secure since she knows you are her protector.

Sadly, I’m not always willing to let God be my protector. Who knows? I might sub-consciously feel that this is too feminine. I am the man, I am the protector. So, I let myself fall into temptations. I bet, this applies to woman too. Letting God be the protector is letting God to act manly. For some women with past hurt from men, this is too much.

God wants to protect us. When we don’t let it happen, we might violently emasculate God. I wonder if this is what saddens Him the most.

No comments: