Friday, February 26, 2010

Craving for Sin

“Craving for Sin”

Lent 2010 – Day 9; Friday, February 26.

Deshi Ramadhani, SJ


I decided to give up coffee for Lent. The first days were really hard. I realize more than ever, that I’ve really become a coffee lover. Something is really missing. Even worse! I develop some high level of cravings for coffee. It feels like there is a big hole in my daily schedule. It feels awkward to start a new day without coffee.

Like you, I’ve been wrestling with sins. I realize that somehow the pattern of sin has become a basic ingredient in my daily regiment. You can imagine how it feels when I really want to give up sin. Yes! Now I even have some cravings for sin. I become groggy if I live a day without sin. How horrible!

Another reason why we haven’t made any significant progress in our spiritual life can be this: we actually still crave for sins!

No comments: