Saturday, March 6, 2010

Want to Be Loved?

“Want to Be Loved?”

Lent 2010 – Day 16; Saturday, March 6.

Deshi Ramadhani, SJ


I heard a husband complain about his wife: “She keeps asking me ‘Do you love me?’” He was frustrated. No matter how hard he tries, his wife doesn’t feel loved. The same thing is true with God. Many times has God tried to love me, and I just ignored that love. Yet the good news is: God will always find ways to make me feel loved.

How many Lenten seasons have you ever had? How many plans about fasting or penance have you ever made? How many times have you been frustrated by the same failures even on fasting days like Fridays? Then you might want to give up. Enough! It never works! Why bother? God is unfair. You think that conversion is reserved just for few.

Oh really? But never forget, that those few people are those who let themselves loved totally by God. So the question is quite simple: Do you want to be loved?